Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Twas the month BEFORE Christmas

I decided to go back and blog about some of the pre-Christmas activities I got to do with the kids. Today is a dreary, cold January day and I am missing the sparkle of Christmas. I may have even lit a pine scented candle and played a bit of Christmas music. Maybe. Here's to hoping that looking at my photos will cheer up me and any other mama that is now back in the routine.
 We were invited over to one of Eva's friends house to make cookies and we also got to paint aprons. Such a cute idea!
Eva's handprint Santa apron. With her own artistic touches :)
 Thankful for mom friends!
 We took the kids to see the trains at Northpark for the first time. So many cool little details to look at and Jensen did great even though he couldn't touch very much.
Christmas tree waffles. I did not plan special activities for each day, but I did have a few ideas in my pocket.
Growing Givers at church. Loved showing my children the joy of giving to those in need as they learned about God's greatest gift.
 Reindeer cuteness.
My mom and I went a holiday date of brunch and a Christmas show musical.
First dance recital! She got to do a ballet and tap number. It was precious. She decided to do gymnastics this semester instead of dance, and it broke my heart a tiny bit. 
 Baking 6 dozen cookies to deliver to neighbors!
 Pajama day at preschool.
Our traditional cookie day with Mamy. We usually make and bake...this year we just decorated because, you know....toddlers.
Sprinkles and icing all the way down to his diaper and legs!
 Including the final cookie pic just in case Southern Living wants to feature it :)
Pretend snow in the kitchen. We mixed it up using baking soda and conditioner.
 It was messy but worth it.
Playing with the felt tree I made for Eva when she was a toddler. I like having special Christmas toys that only appear during the holidays.
Enjoying our precious memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment