2. I raised two kids. The transition from one kid to two is tough. Balancing routines. Making time for each. Not feeling guilty for paying attention to one over the other. Loving them both unconditionally and praying for them daily. But I did it!
4. I survived postpartum depression. On the one hand, this feels like a low of 2015, but then I was thinking of how proud I am for coming through it. I reached out when it was tough, and I'm going to celebrate that.
5. I've gotten to share parts of my story. Through blogging and through a documentary I took part in all year long for our church I've gotten to talk more about my faith, my struggles, my life and how God is continuously shaping my story. It's exciting to give my voice to all of that.
7. I joined the minivan club. It's been so fun driving around my Toyota Sienna. Proud minivan mom :)
9. I said goodbye to gluten. This one gets it's own number because it was a hard farewell. I've been completely gluten free for almost 3 months!!! Overall I don't miss bread much, but some mornings I do crave a donut.
10. I made some cool mom friends. Early in the year another stay at home mom in the neighborhood posted about meeting up for some play time and through that I've gotten to know and become friends with some great ladies in our neighborhood! I have also made friends in Moms Connect group I go to in Denton. I love sharing life with these other mamas.
11. I forgave some people. There were probably just a couple of people at the beginning to the year that I was frustrated with for various reasons, and when I look in my heart now, I'm not mad at all and I feel love for them!
12. I lived well on a budget. Hooray for budgeting! Tell your money where YOU want it to go and CELEBRATE the little choice you make for the greater good of your budget!
14. My family has clean clothes and paper plates. I could call 2015 the year of laundry and dishes because that is what I felt like I did the most. It was not always enjoyable and sometimes it seemed never ending. But my people have clean clothes to wear. I also decided that it is okay to embrace paper plates for your own sanity...not for every meal...but when you need that break, take it.
15. I have seen God's faithfulness again and again. And again. God is good all the time. Jesus is real and acting in my life. When my own strength is out He carries me through. When I call out, He listens. When I praise, He listens. My relationship with the Lord has grown stronger all year long.
I am ready to ring in 2016. I don't set New Years resolutions, but my prayer is that it is a year of LAUGHTER and HOPE. I'm looking forward to my last full year of being at home with both kids before Eva starts Kindergarten in 2016. I guess I will let my little man turn 1 year old in a few weeks, although I'm not completely sure about that one. I have some friends bringing their own sweet babies into the world and I can't wait to kiss them! I'm looking forward to dates full of laughing with my handsome man. I'm looking froward to seeing what God has in store for Bara Church. Have fun tonight and remember what I always say...nothing good happens after 9:30PM :) Be safe!