Hello, and happy Friday! One of my goals for the summer is to try to blog at least once a week because I really do love writing and blogging, I just need to find time to If my computer will cooperate....
1. Last night I made an amazing Nutella fruit dip for our small group. I've had the recipe open on my phone browser for a few weeks and finally had the occasion to make it! It's really healthy if you overlook the Nutella, cream cheese, marshmallow cream, and cocoa powder....oh wait, that's the whole recipe. But seriously, my family could eat a whole jar of Nutella at once! That's why I could only make this recipe when I knew I could share it with others.
2. Thursday was our last moms group of the year. I've been with this group for two years now, first as an official MOPS group and this year it was called Moms Connect. I really love having a place to go and fellowship and learn from others moms every week while Eva has fun going to her class. We will miss it so much over the summer! For the last day we all wrote encouraging notes to each other. Eva and I stopped by Starbucks afterwards and it made me so happy to sit and read all the notes people wrote to me. Thanks, ladies!
3. This week Eva and I also officially finished her three year old school curriculum. I used the ABCJesusLovesMe curriculum this year and I liked it. I will probably use it for next year but I'm not for sure. Over the summer I want to make a plan to work with her a certain amount each week on certain skills so she doesn't forget what we've worked on all year now. And I am MOST excited to do a weekly science activity with her! The curriculum we used didn't have much science and although I had intended to add more in it didn't quite happen. I've already pinned and planned out 12 fun science things to do with her over the summer and I'm really looking forward to it!!!!
4. Spiders. Eww. Our house has a lot of them. It's not like we are filthy people, we just have lots of tall grassy areas all around our home so they come inside somehow. I know for a fact they sneak in because I recently did an extremely thorough vacuuming of all the nooks and crannies and found no spiders, yet there seems to be another one in our house each day. They are mostly some sort of non poisonous grass spider but I still despise them. I feel like they are just waiting somewhere watching me. Get out of my home, creeepers!
5. Like most people we've gotten tons of rain for the past few months. Honestly, I'm kind of still liking it. I used to be a summer lover but now I get too hot. Yeah, I'm that old person now complaining about the heat in Texas. I will take cooler, cloudy days even if it means delaying pool fun.
6. Speaking of pool fun, our neighborhood one opened the first weekend in May but it's been too chilly to venture out there. We did visit the splash pad nearby this week and had fun playing with friends there.
7. Do you notice my blog has no photos? It's because I've become terrible at remembering to take them. I usually snap one a day of Jensen on my phone. Eva doesn't usually want to take a picture so I've decided to let it go with hopes that if I don't make a big deal out of it she will decide to pose again.
8. You know how they tell you to let the house work go and embrace your kids during the years they are little and at home? I'm trying to really embrace that because I know it is true that usually house work can wait. Except then it has a way of creeping back up on you....and eventually there is tons to do. Like I should be mopping right now, but I'm not. Maybe later....
9. I really want a good summer project, like something crafty. I'm thinking about making one of those wooden boards that look like a ruler and you can record your kids' measurements. I have a good place for it and think I could figure it out. I also want to keep decluttering my home because clutter and stuff makes me feel antsy. If only I had more time...maybe if I keep putting off mopping the floors....
10. And finally, we are officially on STAY-CATION!!! Ryan is off all the next week, except for Sundays, so we plan to live it up! Originally we wanted to go somewhere, but then we remembered that we purchased a home, a minivan, and a NICU baby all in the past year and therefor our vacation fund was at about zero. So instead we are going to take some family time to local fun and relaxation.
Sunday, May 17, 2015
Tuesday, May 5, 2015
Jensen at THREE MonthsWeight: 14 lbs (according to my scientific way of standing on the scale holding you, no checkup this month)
Height: not sure, but you are definitely more ROUND than you are tall...my little bowling ball :)
Diaper: Size 2
Shoe Size: 1 (I don't put you in shoes often but you have a cute pair of blue "Sperry" type baby shoes that fit you well)
Sleep Schedule: you are finally settling into 4-5 actual naps a day (instead of just dozing off whenever) - it kind of depends on whether you wake up on your own or are woken up to go somewhere or because Eva is a loud person.... I put you to bed around 8PM, you usually wake up after an hour or so, then go back to bed around 10:30 PM, you wake up some time between 5 AM and 7 AM to eat then go back to sleep again until about 8:30AM.
Feeding Schedule: you are FINALLY going longer stretches. Usually 2-2 1/2 hours between feedings, sometimes more like 3 hours. For you that is a big improvement and has helped you take better naps.
Sunday, May 3, 2015
Bank of America Museums on Us program to get in FREE to the Perot Museum. If you are a BOA member, you should look into this! They have deals with museums all across the country!